All aspects of the sailing trips led by Captain 'Lonnie Bruner'.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk". -- Sir Francis Chichester
If we are going to Smith or Tangiers, or Hooper's for that matter, we had better plan a little better in regards to the booze. Those places are as dry as dry can be.
I know it might sound like blasphemy, but perhaps we should go with a beer other than Coors Light. Also, I really enjoyed the "handle" of Beam that Derek brought. So sweet.
Maybe we could lighten our load by bringing more distilled stuff and less beer?
Agreed. Coors Light ate a hole in my stomach during that all night sail. We should definately plan on distilled stuff (GIN).
The main problem I see with that is the fact that I need cocktails on the rocks, and I would think others prefer that as well. Ice is always an issue - but with fewer boxes of beer, maybe we could have an extra cooler or two of just ice with a dry ice chunk at the bottom?
2 comments:
I know it might sound like blasphemy, but perhaps we should go with a beer other than Coors Light. Also, I really enjoyed the "handle" of Beam that Derek brought. So sweet.
Maybe we could lighten our load by bringing more distilled stuff and less beer?
Agreed. Coors Light ate a hole in my stomach during that all night sail. We should definately plan on distilled stuff (GIN).
The main problem I see with that is the fact that I need cocktails on the rocks, and I would think others prefer that as well. Ice is always an issue - but with fewer boxes of beer, maybe we could have an extra cooler or two of just ice with a dry ice chunk at the bottom?
Post a Comment